- Copyright Jessica Winder 2010-2016 with all rights reserved for all images & text.
Jessica M. Winder
Click picture above to e-mail Jessica with comments, questions, or requests.
- Molluscs in Archaeology – new book announcement
- Oysters and Other Marine Shells from Excavations at the Old Methodist Chapel and Greyhound Yard, Dorchester
- The Marine Mollusca in “Redeemed from the Heath – the archaeology of the Wytch Farm Oilfield (1987-90)
- The Oysters in Excavations at Poole 1973-1983
- Late Saxon & Conquest-Period Oyster Middens
Tag Archives: oysters
Oysters and Other Marine Shells from Excavations at the Old Methodist Chapel and Greyhound Yard, Dorchester
Please click on the link below to download a copy of the oyster and other marine mollusc shells report for excavations at Greyhound Yard in Dorchester, England. Winder, J. M. (1993) Oyster and other marine mollusc shells, in Excavations at … Continue reading
The Marine Mollusca in “Redeemed from the Heath – the archaeology of the Wytch Farm Oilfield (1987-90)
Please click on the link below to download a PDF of the report which describes the analyses of edible molluscan remains found in midden deposits on the south shore of Poole Harbour in Dorset, England, with suggestions for the localities … Continue reading
Please click on the link below to download a PDF copy of the full oyster shell report from excavations in the town of Poole, Dorset, England, in which the oyster studies established A substantial industry, as indicated by large middens, … Continue reading
This is the second in a series of Postings about fossil oysters. In this Post there are detailed photographs, taken from all angles, of a fossil oyster found with the two halves still in position, on the beach at Ringstead … Continue reading
A most unusual form of very thick-shelled burial-blackened oyster shell right valve. It looks almost like a set of nesting bowls. It is clearly an old shell – it lived a long time – but it failed to grow much … Continue reading