Copyright Jessica Winder 2010-2018 with all rights reserved for all images & text.
Jessica M. Winder
Click picture above to e-mail Jessica with comments, questions, or requests.
- Molluscs in Archaeology – new book announcement
- Oysters and Other Marine Shells from Excavations at the Old Methodist Chapel and Greyhound Yard, Dorchester
- The Marine Mollusca in “Redeemed from the Heath – the archaeology of the Wytch Farm Oilfield (1987-90)
- The Oysters in Excavations at Poole 1973-1983
- Late Saxon & Conquest-Period Oyster Middens
Tag Archives: palaeontology
This is the third in the series featuring fossil oyster shells. The photographs are of Deltoideum delta (also known as Liostrea delta) from the Upper Jurassic Period Kimmeridge Clay at Ringstead Bay, Dorset, UK. The most noticeable feature of this … Continue reading
This is the second in a series of Postings about fossil oysters. In this Post there are detailed photographs, taken from all angles, of a fossil oyster found with the two halves still in position, on the beach at Ringstead … Continue reading