- Copyright Jessica Winder 2010-2016 with all rights reserved for all images & text.
Jessica M. Winder
Click picture above to e-mail Jessica with comments, questions, or requests.
- Molluscs in Archaeology – new book announcement
- Oysters and Other Marine Shells from Excavations at the Old Methodist Chapel and Greyhound Yard, Dorchester
- The Marine Mollusca in “Redeemed from the Heath – the archaeology of the Wytch Farm Oilfield (1987-90)
- The Oysters in Excavations at Poole 1973-1983
- Late Saxon & Conquest-Period Oyster Middens
Category Archives: MODERN OYSTER SHELLS
A most unusual form of very thick-shelled burial-blackened oyster shell right valve. It looks almost like a set of nesting bowls. It is clearly an old shell – it lived a long time – but it failed to grow much … Continue reading
These Black Oyster Postings are about the multiplicity of variations in shells of the British Native Oyster, also known as the Flat or European Oyster, Ostrea edulis Linnaeus. Sometimes, as in this Posting, the shells are photographed just as found, … Continue reading