I am delighted to announce the forthcoming publication of a brilliant new book called Molluscs in Archaeology – methods, approaches and applications edited by Michael J. Allen and published as part of the Studying Scientific Archaeology Series (3) by Oxbow Books. I have myself contributed a chapter on Oysters in Archaeology to this book, summarising my past research and suggesting new ways forward using latest technologies. It is available at a pre-publication discounted price for a limited period.
Copyright Jessica Winder 2010-2018 with all rights reserved for all images & text.
Jessica M. Winder
Click picture above to e-mail Jessica with comments, questions, or requests.
- Molluscs in Archaeology – new book announcement
- Oysters and Other Marine Shells from Excavations at the Old Methodist Chapel and Greyhound Yard, Dorchester
- The Marine Mollusca in “Redeemed from the Heath – the archaeology of the Wytch Farm Oilfield (1987-90)
- The Oysters in Excavations at Poole 1973-1983
- Late Saxon & Conquest-Period Oyster Middens